PreK Care & Curriculum
The year before your child is about to enter Kindergarten (must be 5 or have turned 5 prior to Sept 1st, of the same year they enter Kindergarten) they will enter our Pre K program. At thistime we do not offer VPK but we offer a full time private PreK education and a highly regarded program to prepare your child for what is ahead.
At this stage our program is designed to help the children achieve the skills needed to continue their education in elementary school.
When your child enters this program, your child should be completely potty trained.
In our PreK programwe will begin working on the following goals:
- Weekly homework (practice for students AND parents in preparation for Kindergarten)
- Writing first & last name
- Writing sentences
- Enhancing and building phonetic understanding
- Introducing long vowel sounds
- Introducing sight words and word families
- Reading group stories on board
- Building comprehension skills
- Counting 1-100 and counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Number recognition and writing numbers 1-100
- Writing number words 1-10
- Sorting objects and graphing through shapes, size, color, more, less.
- “Greater than” vs. “less than” concepts
- Single number addition
- Introduction of telling time
- Coin recognition and counting money
- Exploring the world around us: cultures, foods, seasons, weather, gardening and animals
- Basic Spanish language introduction
- iPad curriculum specific to level
- Field Trips
Digital Daily reports are provided to update each child’s family on feeding, nap times, and all other activities accomplished each day.
A high percentage of Kiddie U’s graduates consistently achieve above grade level recognitions in public and private elementary schools. We build a strong foundation when it comes to reading or pre-reading skills, math and science concepts and social studies and social development. Every child and their aptitude are different; we try to bring out your child’s personal best.