3 and 4 Year Old Care & Curriculum
At 3 and 4 year olds, children begin a distinct period of development. Activities in our program encourage thinking and problem solving. Our curriculum and learning centers help develop an appreciation for books, reading, music, math, science and creativity.
When your child enters any one of these classrooms, your child should be completely potty trained.
Beginning at 3 years of age we will begin working on the following goals:
- Identifying letter sounds and names
- Letter formation andwriting through tracing
- Mastery of basic shapes and colors
- Counting 1-50
- Number recognition 1-20
- Sorting objects through shape, size, color
- Rote counting (reciting numbers in order)
- Enhancing fine motor skills through coloring, drawing stick figures, cutting, tracing etc.
- Enhancing activities with musical activities like dancing, singing, rhythmic patterns etc.
- Building on cause and effect relationships
- Building social communications and interactions between adults and peers
- Basic Spanish language introduction
- iPad curriculum specific to level
E-Daily reports are provided to update each child’s family on feeding, nap times, and all other activities accomplished each day.
Progress Reports will be provided as your child is about to graduate from classroom to classroom. These reports will be a tool to communicate how your child is measuring on recommended milestones from the American Academy of Pediatrics.