2 Year Old Care & Curriculum
As 2 year olds, the children begin to become ever increasingly curious and begin to assert themselves for individual independence. We encourage the children at this age to be responsible and to make decisions.
It is at this age that we will begin working with parents to potty train their child. Working together as a team and mirroring the same behaviors at home that we do at school will promote the best environment for success for your child.
Beginning in our 2 year old classroom, our curriculum takes on a different approach than in our toddler classrooms and we will begin working on the following goals:
- Introducing letter recognition and sounds
- Awareness of shapes, colors and sorting
- Counting 1-25
- Number recognition 1-10
- Potty training and caring for toileting needs independently
- Group dancing, singing and rhythm
- Introduction of cause and effect relationships
- Building fine motor skills through scribbling, cutting, drawing lines and circles
- Building social communication and interactions between adults and peers
- Basic Spanish language introduction
- iPad curriculum specific to level
E-Daily reports are provided to update each child’s family on feeding, nap times, toileting and all other activities accomplished each day.
Progress Reports will be provided as your child is about to graduate from classroom to classroom. These reports will be a tool to communicate how your child is measuring on recommended milestones from the American Academy of Pediatrics.